IT STARTED OUT WITH JUST ONE STAMP WHICH LED TO TWO THEN THREE! NOW I'M A STAMP-A-HOLIC AND DON'T WANT RECOVERY!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Simply Simple

I made this card very simple ... My reason for making it simple, it's for a family member that is turning 60 and she is very elegant to me the card is some what elegant to match her...I used the Three for you punch box from SU... and for the saying I used "too much of a good thing is a good thing" from Time well Spent... and in the inside I stamped "Happy Birthday"... I stamped out the flowers with the punch and I stuck a piece of basic grey CS to cover the punched flowers in the inside of the card... then I punched out the flowers for the outside with black CS... and glued some dew drops in the middle of the black flowers... glue the black flowers some what in the middle of the punched flowers to give it character and added the ribbon to the card... The ribbon I got yesterday at Big lots for a dollar for 5yrds... and I liked the colors too, so that was a plus...
I am fighting with my self thinking if I really like the card or not... I think the reason I am not liking it to much, because I used to simple colors black and white... I feel I could have added more ... but who said more is better... not always...... But my hubby thinks it is nice ... that is the word he used "nice" ... so that makes me think twice about my card :( .... well maybe I will be back tomorrow trying to come up with something else, I have till the end of the week before mailing it out to her... so lets see what happens... till tomorrow... I have to take out some time to study :(
Stampin Rocks
Ileana

3 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply beautiful, ileana...
i love the way you did the flowers, and what a perfect saying. tfs:)
chat

Anonymous said...

Ileana, I really like it. Love the punched out flowers with the pearls. I say, go for it. The recipient of the card will love it.

Hugs and smiles

Melinda said...

I love it!!! Very simple but very elegant.... I think she will love it too....